Millennium Trophy Rules
The Millennium Trophy is a handicap competition based on a club’s League position at the end of the previous season. Entry to the Competition is normally made to the League Competitions Secretary at each Spring Meeting.
Competition Rules apply with the following additions:-
1. Each club is to field a team of six players (two rinks of three) bowling three bowls each (18 ends).
2. Division 1 teams will play off scratch, Division 2 teams will receive 3 shots, and Division 3 teams will receive 6 shots.
3. All ties are to be played on a shots only basis (aggregate) taking into account the handicap shots
4. The Challenger shall nominate one designated rink number to play an extra end, before the draw is made for rinks. The extra end should only be played if the game is a draw.
5. In the event that a tie has not been played by the due date, the Competition Secretary will rule on which club if any should progress to the next round.
6. The result must be telephoned to the Competition Secretary within 24 hours of the game finishing.
7. Prizes of a 50% reduction in League Fees for the next season will be awarded to the highest placed team from each division.
8. Any club on joining the League and entering the competition in its first season will play off scratch.
(amended AGM 2015)